news & blog
HOW O&I CAN SUPPORT YOUR… LOGISTICS OPERATIONS DESIGN AND IMPROVEMENT PROJECT
8th July 2021
Global events, political, regulatory and technological developments, and shifts in consumer behaviour have directly impacted the logistics sector in recent years, requiring significant operational change and adaptation. As organisations introduce new systems, automated equipment, legislative and procedural change or respond to the need to reduce costs or expand their operation, it is important to ensure actions are planned, managed and implemented effectively, and associated processes are aligned for continued efficiency. Streamlined logistics operations can result in financial, productivity and time savings as well as helping a company to operate more sustainably.
Here are some of the ways that we can help:
- Total project management: expert project leadership and support from feasibility studies through to final handover
- Operations optimisation: optimising existing assets and improving operational efficiencies.
- Cost reduction: identification of opportunities and development of solutions to reduce cost and delay capex through operational efficiency, reduced overheads, and improved planning, systems, designs and layouts.
- System design and expansion: expert support on end-to-end systems design and expansion projects
- Transition support: providing hands-on expertise during operations transition to new ways of working or new facilities; helping to add value, embed new processes and procedures early, ensure a smooth transition and manage costs.
- Strategic planning: Driving profitability through a detailed strategic plan, addressing all key drivers including revenue management, revenue v price, volumetric v actual weight, asset utilisation, driver and sorter efficiency, and network planning.
For more information on how we can support your operational needs, please call Nigel Marsh on 07909 576 915 or visit https://www.oandiconsulting.com/sectors/logistics/
Tags: automation, logistics, operations design, Operations Improvement, Operations planning, total project management, transport-hub